Client: Large Financial Services Corporation
Click here to download the case study.
The CEO of a large Fortune 500 financial services corporation sought to develop the top talent in the company, leaders who had been identified in a succession planning process. The CEO’s specific request was that the organization’s high-potential leaders be ready to step into bigger executive roles within the corporation in an 18-to 24-month timeframe.
The organization needed leaders who could drive change, influence others, develop strategy, articulate a vision, and build strategic relationships across business units.
We developed a 12-month Leadership Development Program for 20 high-performing leaders of state banks, staff divisions, and subsidiaries.
The program included:
- Multiple skills sessions
- A 360° feedback process
- Leadership development coaching
- Mentoring from top executives in the corporation.
- Candid conversations with senior executives internal and external to the company, providing:
- Insights on expectations for leaders and success
- Ability to learn from leaders’ experiences and build relationships
At the last session, each participant presented a business improvement plan to the CEO.
- 85% of the participants received substantial promotions and took on bigger leadership roles within 6-18 months of completing the program.
- Participants formed strong alliances with each other across business units, which has lead to sustainable growth and support for the organization’s talent as well retention of senior leaders.
Leadership Development Programs