Client: Financial Services Corporation
Click here to download the case study.
The CEO of a large Fortune 500 financial services corporation sought to develop the top talent in the company, leaders who had been identified in a succession planning process. The CEO’s specific request was that the organization’s high-potential leaders be ready to step into bigger executive roles within the corporation in an 18-to 24-month timeframe.
The organization needed leaders who could drive change, influence others, develop strategy, articulate a vision, and build strategic relationships across business units.
We developed a 12-month Accelerated Development Program for 20 high-performing leaders of state banks, staff divisions, and subsidiaries. The program included:
• 10 one-day skills sessions
• A 360° feedback process
• Leadership development coaching
• Mentoring from top executives in the corporation
One of the highlights of the program was a “candid conversation” with a special guest at each of the group sessions. The special guest was a top executive within the corporation or from a client company.
At the last session, each participant presented a business improvement plan to the CEO.
- Participants formed strong alliances with each other across business units, which has lead to sustainable growth and support for the organization’s talent as well retention of senior leaders.
- 85% of the participants received substantial promotions
and took on bigger leadership roles within 6-18 months of completing the program.
Accelerated Development Programs