Client: State-Wide Healthcare System
Click here to download the case study.
The organization sought a very different, fresh approach to developing their senior-level leaders while also addressing a significant organizational and industry-wide problem — clinician burnout.
BPI group developed a high-impact action learning program that included:
- Identifying a broad organizational problem for the teams to analyze
- Dividing the senior group into two diverse teams to tackle the problem and create multiple innovative solutions
- Holding four two-day sessions over three months, during which each team developed solutions and presented to the executive team for implementation
- Dedicating one day of each session to leadership skills training to complement each stage of the action learning process
- Strong positive feedback from participants, despite being pushed out of their comfort zones and pressed for time
- Participants appreciated the blended approach, visibility to executives, exposure to organizational issues, and networking with diverse colleagues
- An executive steering committee was created to implement elements of both teams’ solutions
- Another successful action learning program was subsequently conducted, this time targeting the issue of emergency room optimization. Future roll-outs will occur twice per year
Action Learning, Leadership Development
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.